This short course, over ten Saturdays, develops the creative and technical skills necessary to capture visually superior images, both still and motion, on digital cameras. This course will also teach critical evaluation of both the student’s and other photographer’s work.
DSLR Photography – Intermediate Level course is for the students who are already familiar with cameras and know basic usage of a camera. We introduce the students to strobe lights, flashes and also how to photograph in natural light using reflectors. We introduce them to different types of strobes and reflectors which can be used for their everyday purpose. We also teach the students aesthetics of photography such as rules of framing and composition along with technical aspects such as various camera settings. We will be having 2 field trips during the course for the students to get familiar with shooting in different environments. We will also be covering basics of editing in Photoshop and Lightroom. For the final assignment, the students will create a portfolio which will include pictures taken by them during the course and present the same at a photo exhibition.
Dates to be announced soon
10 Weekends (9.30am – 5.15pm)
- The students who are familiar with cameras will be able to understand the camera and camera setting in a detailed manner
- Importance of framing and rules of composition are explained
- Using reflectors and strobe lights is explained
- The students will understand how to use a simple flash and simple reflectors in everyday purpose to create better images
- Students will understand the concepts for capturing images for portfolio
- How to capture window portraits are explained
- Different styles of photography such as Timelapse, HDR, multiple exposure and lightpainting are explained
- Aesthetics of photography are explained
- Basic editing in Photoshop and Lightroom are explained
Note: We recommend that students use their own digital DSLR camera so that they become familiar with their own equipment. Cameras may be provided on rent for students who don’t have their own camera. Please advise the admissions office at the time of submitting your application if you will require a camera.
Rs. 30,000/- (Plus Rs 5000/- security deposit + taxes)
Security deposit of Rs. 5,000 if using your own DSLR camera) or Rs.10,000 (if using an AISFM camera in class). This is payable at the time of admission and will be refunded at course completion, subject to any deductions.