Join an exclusive intake of just 13 students as you master the art and science of animation and visual effects in our new one-year course. Study under industry experts in the heart of a working film studio as you prepare to enter this exciting field!
What do you learn?
Students will learn to create and animate 3D digital objects. Audio and special effects will be added to animated scenes to produce miniature movies.
Broad concepts covered in this course include story and script development, character design, storyboard, 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, animation and rendering. Related elements will include special effects, sound and post production.
Students will work both independently, and in small groups to produce animated (or) VFX sequences for themselves and others. Photoshop, After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Maya and Nuke are the primary software for this class.
Why study this course?
- Passionate about design, art, animation, games and visual effects.
- Creative and artistic (ideally with some experience in fine, graphic or commercial art).
- Looking for both theoretical and practical training in animation and VFX.
We are currently accepting applications for the following intake:
Start date: December 2017 2nd week
Duration: 9 Months (Monday – Friday)
Timing: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Story and script development
- Character design
- Background design
- Storyboard design
- Sound design
- Image editing
- Digital painting (Photoshop)
- Getting started with After Effects
- Working with motion path and interpolation
- Track matte and text effects
- Blending modes, time manipulation and painting
- Working with effects and motion graphics
- Advance 3D with Maya (modeling, animation, lighting, texturing, dynamics, particle effects, and rendering)
- Rotoscopy, match moving
- Digital compositing with Nuke
- Production technique of Matte painting
- 2D and 3D Compositing
- Final composition with camera projection
Rs. 1,70,000 + 10,000 (security deposit), paid over three instalments
Students are typically interested in a career in one of these fields:
- 3D Modeler
- 3D Animator
- Texturing Artist
- Lighting Artist
- Rigging Artist
- Rendering Artist
- Audio-Video Editor