This Telugu-medium course introduces aspiring directors to the craft of film and television production and the art of visual narrative. Additionally, this course will prepare the students to work as assistant directors at a professional level and to enter their first jobs in the film and television industry.
Classes also cover the ground realities of working in this field including how to be professional on set, how to pitch your stories and how to plan your career path.
Many AISFM graduates are now working in the industry with leading filmmakers and production houses such as Annapurna Studios, Geetha Arts, MB Corp, Puri Jagganath, Praveen Pudi, Senthil etc.
- Short Film Making – Practical
- Basics of Screenwriting
- Composition, Continuity and Shot division
- Basics of Cinematography
- Basics of Sound – recording, dubbing and mixing
- Basics of Editing
- Introduction to Ad. Filmmaking and Documentaries
- Introduction to the Grammar of Filmmaking
- Production and Assistant Direction Skills
- Understanding The Role of an Assistant Director
- Understanding Production roles
- The Assembly Line of Production
- Communicating With Other Technicians
- Location scouting
- Maintaining logs on set
- On-set actor management
- Basics of Script Breakdown, Scheduling, Budgeting
- Faculty project
- Group project
Television Direction and Production:
- Scripting and directing teleseries
- Understand large vs small screen
- Budgeting for TV production
- Reality and game shows
- How does the local industry work?
- How to build your network and gain exposure?
- How to be professional on-set?
- General communication – introducing yourself etc
- Story pitching – how to narrate your story or script to directors / producers /actors
- Improving English communication (conversational)
Internships and Placements:
Campus auditions for film or television productions/channels or ad/corporate filmmaking studios will be provided to students who maintain 85% attendance, 85% academic results and no disciplinary issues.
Start Date: April 2017
Timings: Classes Mon to Fri, 4pm to 7pm (project work in addition)
Rs. 85,000 including taxes (payable in 3 installments)
Additional 10,000 security deposit, refunded at the end of the course.