Fundamentals of Filmmaking
This Telugu-medium course introduces aspiring filmmakers to the craft of film and television production and the art of visual narrative. Additionally, this course will prepare the students to work as assistant directors at a professional level and help them enter the film and television industry as qualified professionals.
Many AISFM graduates are now working in the industry with leading filmmakers and production houses such as Annapurna Studios, Geetha Arts, MB Corp, PuriJagganath, Praveen Pudi, Senthil etc.
Regarding course start date please contact +91-7893712221
Duration: 3 Months(Monday – Friday)
Timings: 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Introduction to technical aspects of film making
- Fundamentals of visual storytelling
- Developing a short film script
- Pre-production of the short film
- Fundamentals of direction
- Fundamentals of cinematography
- Fundamentals of editing and sound design
- Project: Making a 5-minute Short Film in groups of 4-5 students
- Short Film Making – Practical
- Basics of Screenwriting
- Composition, Continuity and Shot division
- Basics of Cinematography
- Basics of Sound – recording, dubbing and mixing
- Basics of Editing
- Introduction to Ad. Filmmaking and Documentaries
- Introduction to the Grammar of Filmmaking
- Production and Assistant Direction Skills
- Understanding The Role of an Assistant Director
- Understanding Production roles
- The Assembly Line of Production
- Communicating With Other Technicians
- Location scouting
- Maintaining logs on set
- On-set actor management
- Basics of Script Breakdown, Scheduling, Budgeting
- Faculty project
- Group project
Television Direction and Production:
- Scripting and directing teleseries
- Understand large vs small screen
- Budgeting for TV production
- Reality and game shows
- How does the local industry work?
- How to build your network and gain exposure?
- How to be professional on-set?
- General communication – introducing yourself etc
- Story pitching – how to narrate your story or script to directors / producers /actors
- Improving conversational English
Rs. 88,500 (including taxes) + 10,000 (security deposit) paid over two instalments.