ADVANCED DSLR PHOTOGRAPHY
DSLR Photography – Intermediate Level course is for the students who are already familiar with cameras and know their basic usage.This short course, spread over ten Saturdays, will develop the creative and technical skills necessary to capture visually superior images, both still and motion, on digital cameras. The course willalso teach students to critically evaluatetheir own and other photographers’ work.
They will be taught the aesthetics of photography, rules of framing and composition besides various technical aspects.There are two field trips that the students make to get familiar with shooting in different environments.
For their final assignment, the students will create a portfolio which will include pictures taken by them during the course and present the same at a photo exhibition.
To be announced
Duration: 10 Weekends
Timings: 9:30 am – 5:15 pm
- The students who are familiar with cameras will be able to understand camera and camera settings in a detailed manner
- Importance of framing and rules of composition are explained
- Use ofreflectors and strobe lights is explained
- The students will understand how to use a simple flash and simple reflectors in everyday purpose to create better images
- Students will understand the concepts for capturing images for portfolio
- How to capture window portraits are explained
- Different styles of photography such as Timelapse, HDR, multiple exposure and light-painting are explained
- Aesthetics of photography are explained
- Basic editing in Photoshop and Lightroom are explained
Note: We recommend that students use their own digital DSLR camera so that they become familiar with their own equipment. Cameras may be provided on rent for students who don’t have their own. Please informthe admissions office at the time of submitting your application whether you will require a camera.
Rs. 20,000 (including taxes) + 10,000 (security deposit) if using own camera or 25,000 (security deposit) if using AISFM camera.